ArcoLinuxD scripts have been updated
You can use our ArcoLinuxD iso to install any desktop during installation but also after.
Re-use our scripts from https://github.com/arcolinuxd and install the desktop you like and install the packages you like.
Only 8 ArcoLinux packages will be present after installation on your computer.
Delete these 8 packages and use ArcoLinux to have an easy graphical installer to install Arch Linux. It will not be identical as an Arch way installation.
Or you can choose a desktop. Download the scripts and install script nr. 100 and get an Arch Linux look of your desktop and keep installing packages manually until you like what you see (see images).
If you would install the scripts 500 & 600 then you will get the ArcoLinux look and feel (see images).
Anything is possible.
Tiling Window managers like Awesome and others will boot into the ArcoLinux look and feel.
Goal of the github scripts
- more freedom
- less ArcoLinux packages on final ssd or harddisk
- remove the last 8 ArcoLinux packages and you have an Arch Linux system
- scripts provide a minimum of applications
- feel & look of Arch Linux after script 100
- feel & look of ArcoLinux after script 500 & 600
When you only run script 100 you will get an installation of the desktop from Arch Linux.
When you install scripts 500 and 600 you will get the look and feel as intended by ArcoLinux.
It is like a before and after image
We offer you 4 ways to install a desktop.
- install the desktop using Calamares and ArcoLinuxD
- install the desktop using our scripts and ArcoLinuxD
- install the desktop using ArcoLinuxB
- install the desktop using ArcoLinux Tweak Tool
Use the option you feel comfortable with.