18.10 – October release
2 new websites
Analysis of graphical drivers
analysis of Calamares
analysis of Packages
creation of 5 ArcoLinuxB Minimals
- what elements do we need on the iso
- what elements need to be uninstalled after this installation
Added more packages for support on livedvd and then uninstalled them afterwards on the harddisk.
All the details are on our beta pages.
It will be an ongoing process to figure out what we need for calamares at its best.
xfce4 and xfce4-goodies are both group packages.
We have stopped using them so we can define in more detail what to include and what not to include on all our iso’s. More detailed information what these group packages contain can be found in the beta pages.
11+ 5 minimal iso’s
ArcoLinuxB Awesome Minimal
ArcoLinuxB Bspwm Minimal
ArcoLinuxB i3 minimal
ArcoLinuxB Mate Minimal
ArcoLinuxB Openbox Minimal
ArcoLinuxB Plasma Minimal
ArcoLinuxB Xfce Minimal
When you install the 18.10 iso, you do not have to do anything. But users that keep rolling need to install a package and update their pacman.conf. You can read here how that is done.
When doing so you will get the Submicron wallpapers back.
Depending on your hardware you either have or do not have a touch sensitive screen.
Starting with version 18.10 you will be able to use your desktops with the touch of your screen.
- urxvt gets a darker background
- variety – new update – new config
- halo icons update
- awesome – new config
- compton.conf has been udpated – backup.conf is present
- arcolinuxb-obmenu-generator-minimal coming from the ArcoLinuxB-Openbox-Minimal project
We figured out a way to hide applications, we never use, and are only installed because of other applications that we need. We can hide them in our xfce menu. In this article we pass along the knowledge how to do that.They will be hidden on a clean installation. The package arcolinux-applications-git provides us this service.
- insync out of third party repo – constraints of github – max 100MB
- improving building scripts so that it works on any ArcoLinux with any language
- added the two new menu’s to openbox menu for the 2 new websites
- xfpanelswitch has been replaced by xfce4-panel-profiles – new package for the configuration file
You can change the look of your xfce4 system considerably and very very easy with this application. Give it a try. Panel goes to top – new start menu etc… More info in this article.
You need a new package and application for this.
- 5 new aliases – skel and kc and hw and yayskip and trizenskip
The fun script of Nemesis github moved into .bin.
Go check it out.
We created a new package arcolinux-bin-git to include a new script every month. The idea is to include a FUN factor.
Your .bin folder now also includes a folder called Main. The scripts, we use all the time, will be in there like
- 000-script to use all cores
- script to get the linux-lts kernel
- deleting the linux-lts kernel
IT IS OUR INTENTION TO PROVIDE EVERY MONTH A NEW SCRIPT.
We will created the following MINIMAL desktops and make tutorials about how I create them. I hope these tutorials will give you an insight how to create your own personal ArcoLinuxB iso and we hope you find your own workflow by watching the video’s.
geoip service is no longer free
improve your aim and
select your city manually
Upgrading ArcoLinux boils down to 3 main actions
- update Arch and ArcoLinux packages
- copy/paste hidden content from /etc/skel to your home directory (use alias skel in the future)
- keep updating with pksyua
And sometimes we create a new package.
Install it with sudo pacman -S arcolinux-new-package-name
Always check whether it will be installed in /etc/skel or not.
and ofcourse in the commits